What are Minor Surgeries?
There are times when you would get involved with minor accidents and you would get minor cuts and bruises that would require minor surgeries. When people think about surgeries, they would come up with the idea using surgical knives and a lot of blood. However, minor surgery generally means the treatments involving stitching or cutting tissue. The definition is as simple as that, but with the advancements in performing surgical techniques the definition for this medical term has become more complicated. These days, minor surgery is associated with ultracision and lasers when cutting tissue instead of using scalpels.
Generally, the term surgery itself has a wide range of care where various techniques are involved. The fact that there are many techniques involved, made the definition of surgery come in various ways. Some of these definitions are as follows:
– Any surgical procedure without using anesthesia or any respiratory assistance while the procedure is performed.
– It is a medical procedure that involves the incision with the use of instruments.
– A procedure performed for repairing damage or arresting disease from a living body such as tissue neurosis within abscess or hemorrhoids.
– Treats certain conditions easily and quickly like vaporization using electrical diathermy for warts destruction and simple excision for mole biopsy.
– It is procedure that may require little to no local anesthetic and would require just several minutes.
What is Major Surgery?
– This is surgical procedures done with anesthesia or large respiratory assistance. Whereas the minor surgeries are only using local and regional anesthesia.
Southwest Urgent Care & Family Practice is only performing the minor surgery and not major ones since we assist only those needing urgent needs.
Conditions Treated Under Local Anesthesia
There are different conditions that can be treated using local anesthesia such as the following:
Will This Process Hurt?
In this procedure, you may feel a slight pinch while performing the administration of local anesthetic. After this procedure, patient will not feel any pain.
How Long Is The Process?
The duration of every process depends basically on the medical condition that is being treated. There are procedures would take at least 15 minutes while other may take around 30 minutes.
How to Make an Appointment?
Making an appointment here in Southwest Urgent Care & Family Practice is easy. You just have to call 713 640-5754.
How Often Should You Visit?
We may require you to have 2 or more sessions depending on the condition or treatment required. The med doctor will be the one telling you the number of sessions that you need.
What Will Be Done in Case of Any Risk of Malignancy?
After a minor surgery is done, a full examination will be done and if a risk of malignancy is found we will be referring you to a specialist for the rightful treatment in the nearest hospital.
We are located just 2 miles away from the Galleria mall in Southwest Houston, TX close to US 59 and Chimney Rock Rd. To access our services, set a schedule online, call us or visit our urgent care center right away at (713)640-5754.